This job is archived
We are seeking an Insurance Coordinator to join our Johnson Family Dental Santa Barbara, CA Team! The ideal candidate will feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment, is able to multi-task or switch focus easily, and has experience in claims appeals.
- Calling insurance carriers or any other practical research resources to verify if a claim has been received and what the outcome paid and/or denial reason is
- Contacting and following up with insurance company representatives
- Updating all patient accounts to correct inaccurate information i.e. demographics, eligibility dates, termination dates and contract allowance and/or maximum
- Managing the workflow of assigned accounts and meeting deadlines for filing to obtain maximum reimbursements. Monitoring collections activity for timely payment from all revenue sources
- Understanding and staying informed of changes with procedures, billing guidelines and laws for specific insurance carriers or payers
- Following up on any overdue accounts and researching accounts to determine why the balance remains unpaid
- Auditing insurance claims to identify and provide required attachments and auditing attachments for completeness and suitability
- Ensuring claim submissions for secondary coverage is within timely filing limits
- Ensuring responses to claim inquiries and tracing is within timely filing limits
- Conducting full patient account audits to determine appropriate action
- Ensuring all dental billing/collection letters are prepared and mailed according to the set schedule
- 1-2 years of experience
- Available Monday - Friday
What We’ll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and paid time off for full-time positions
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers.
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware of suspicious recruiting emails and text messages scams that attempt to collect your personal information. You will never be asked for your driver license or Social Security number during an online interview. Additionally, we do not attempt to collect money, gift cards or request you to purchase equipment on behalf of the company.