Our North Olmsted practice is searching for a part-time Registered Dental Hygienist!
Located at 648 Great Northern Mall, Great Northern Shop Center, North Olmsted, OH 44070
Join a neighborhood dental center backed by a national network of support.
We're searching for a Registered Dental Hygienist who wants to join a truly patient-centric dental group and support the treatment philosophy which states "disease dictates treatment". In this highly collaborative position, you will play a vital role in the success of your practice, ensuring patients are comfortable throughout their visit and receiving the very best oral health care possible. At Great Expressions, you'll feel like you're a part of a local, neighborhood practice while enjoying all of the support of a stable, national network. Whether you need outside expertise on a tough case or your practice needs equipment repairs, help is always just a single phone call away.
Our production model offers you nearly limitless earning potential.
At Great Expressions, you'll enjoy a competitive base salary as well as incentive compensation based off of a percentage of production instead of collections, meaning you'll enjoy nearly uncapped earning potential driven entirely by your work ethic. We empower you to deliver the care your patients need and we reward you for your dedication and commitment to hygiene excellence.
Take a moment and review our [Register to View] to learn more about the career path we offer our providers.
Our total rewards offer you more fulfilling way to practice:
- Competitive hourly pay and bonus potential
- Dental coverage
- 401k retirement plan
- ID theft protection
- Company-paid uniforms
- Pet insurance
Our patients rely on us to improve their oral health and we deliver it - one smile at a time.
Founded in 1982, Great Expressions Dental Centers has consistently ranked among the nation's leading dental groups, providing oral health care services, dental education, and setting new standards for clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. And we do all of this while keeping a healthy smile affordable and convenient in a world of tight budgets and busy schedules. Join our team and help us continue to provide high quality, patient-focused dental care to our communities.
Your work and life can work together here.
When you join us, you'll enjoy a Dental Hygiene career driven by flexibility and balance. You'll never have to worry about getting the hours you need, and to the best of our ability, we'll offer you the opportunity to tailor your schedule to your family and other personal needs.
Your safety and wellbeing matter.
To maintain the health of our team members and patients throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented a number of safety measures throughout our practices, including additional sanitation, providing personal protective equipment, and maintaining social distancing whenever possible. Our goal is to make sure you feel as safe as possible at work, so you can focus on providing exceptional patient care.
Depending on the state regulations, a Dental Hygienist:
- Performs oral healthcare and risk assessments which include but not limited to:
- Evaluates a patient's current health status including all medications
- Performs an extraoral and intraoral examination and oral cancer screening
- Completes a comprehensive dental and periodontal charting that includes a detailed description and evaluation of the gingiva and periodontium
- Develops a dental hygiene diagnosis based on the oral health findings
- Exposes, processes, and interprets dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Removes biofilm plaque and calculus (soft and hard deposits) from teeth both coronal and apical to (above and below) the gingival margin (gumline) using dental instruments
- Applies caries-preventive agents such as fluorides and sealants to the teeth
- Discusses the progress being made toward isolating evidence that notes the potential association between systemic and oral health and disease
- Provides patient education on biofilm plaque control and home care protocol by incorporating techniques and products that will become part of an individualized self- care oral hygiene program
- Counsels and coordinates tobacco cessation programs
- Educates patients on the importance of good nutrition for maintaining optimal oral health
- Ensures that the patient knows why they need continuing care and that they have a follow up appointment that is set by the office
- Degree or certificate in Dental Hygiene from an accredited program
- Valid Ohio Hygienist license