- Awareness of delegable duties and functions allowed to be performed by dental assistant.
- Assist in clinical procedures and treatments.
- Learn and comply with Coast’s administrative procedures.
- Learn and comply with OSHA laws and safety guidelines.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Learn and comply with state and Federal infection control standards in the dental office and operatories, including but not limited to: wearing protective barriers such as gloves, scrubs, and eye wear; disinfecting and sterilizing instruments and treatment areas; and disposing properly of contaminated or bio-hazardous waste/materials.
- Insure review and completion of documentation, including but not limited to: accurate and current medical history, medical alerts, and signed Consent forms.
- Document/chart all dental procedures performed during each patient visit according to dentist’s instructions and legal requirements.
- Welcome and escort patient in reception to and from the treatment areas. Schedule appointments and assist in appointment confirmation calls.
- Effectively provide dental education and information to insure patient awareness of dental health and continuing treatment.
- Effectively present to patient in professional and confidential manner dental treatment plan and proposed plan for continuing treatments.
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options to patients in nonclinical terms.
- Ensure operatories are appropriately equipped and stocked with inventory and re-order when necessary.
- Maintain equipment protocols, including but not limited to: clean evacuation system, lubricate and maintain dental hand pieces, clean and maintain radiograph processors, monitor and clean equipment, clean dental lab plaster traps and maintain clean office environment.
- Notify Office Manager of equipment failure or general safety concerns.
- Assist with laboratory duties as necessary.
- Recognize signs of a dental emergency, and insure proper and timely response and notification to patient, staff, and emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Understand and agree to maintain production standards.
- Effectively utilize and maintain a system of contact for patient follow-up/re-care.
- Maintain professional working environment within office team.
- Attend and participate in morning huddles and regular office meetings.
- Adhere to uniform attire and basic personal hygiene standards per Company policy.
- Attend continuing education and training seminars as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by HIPAA regulations and maintain confidentiality.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Retain license (Registered, CDA or EFDA) and demonstrate proficiency to perform expanded dental assistant functions according to state guidelines and limitations.
Active Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA) certification.
- Or if assisting in Florida, a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) license or Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) certificate obtained prior to May 2009, according to state guidelines and limitations.
- Radiography licensure.
- Minimum of one-year dental experience preferred.
- Excellent customer services skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in high volume environment.
Apply here or copy and paste into your browser: