Familia Dental was established in 2008 and has grown rapidly because of our quality dentistry and our caring, compassionate approach to all people. Our practice exemplifies the core values of quality, honesty, and care in everything that we do.
We are looking for skilled, motivated dental professionals to join our team.
Familia Dental offers:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits Including: Health, Dental, Vision, 2 Weeks Paid Time Off, 3 Sick Days and 6 paid Holidays
- A teamwork-oriented environment
- An open communication policy
To effectively and efficiently assist the dentist in providing dental care to patients and to promote Familia Dental’s culture and mission and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Dental Assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Although state regulations vary, responsibilities may include:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and escort patient in a professional and friendly manner from reception area to and from the treatment areas.
- Ensure treatment rooms are equipped and stocked with inventory and re-order when necessary.
- Schedule appointments and assist in appointment confirmation calls.
- Take and record patient’s medical and dental histories and vital signs; blood pressure & pulse.
- Insure review and completion of documentation; accurate and current medical history, medical alerts, and signed consent forms.
- Document/chart all dental procedures performed during each patient visit per Dentist’s instructions and legal requirements.
- Take and develop dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts.
- Pour and base diagnostic models and fabricate temporary restorations – as allowed by state law.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials and assist Dentist during dental procedures.
- Effectively provide dental education and information to patients to ensure patient awareness of dental health, and oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Effectively present to patient the dental treatment plan and proposed plan for continuing treatments in professional and confidential manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer/patient service and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with dental management software experience. EagleSoft experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced, patient-focused environment.
- Detail oriented. Dental assistants must be aware of and follow state specific rules and protocols.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, License, Certification)
- Previous dental assisting experience preferred but not required.
- Meet state requirements for Dental Assistant duties, continuing education or license; Basic Life Support (BLS), cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate, and radiography certificate.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service