This job is archived
About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Dental Assistant with Corizon Health at Prince Georges County Correctional Center located in Upper Marlboro, MD:
- Prepare operatory with appropriate instruments and materials for each patient scheduled to be seen.
- Assist dentist during treatment, providing instruments, material retraction and/or suction. Sterilize instruments and disinfect operatory between patients.
- Schedule patients for dental appointments.
- Perform laboratory procedures such as mixing impression material for dentures and assisting with the clinical procedures for prosthetic dentistry.
- Develop and mount routine radiographs. Assist in maintaining dental charts, record dental findings.
- Follow security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications. Adhere to safety and security policies and participate in disaster drills.
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Inventory and order supplies to maintain proper levels.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
Experience & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year dental assistant experience required.
- Must have current CPR certification.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Join Our Talent Community
Job Locations US-MD-Upper Marlboro
Position Type Regular Part-time
Shift / Schedule Variable
Location ID 00608