To effectively and efficiently ensures patients have an excellent experience, communicating to them their treatment options, appointment value, fees, and payments. The Treatment Plan Coordinator incorporates the integration of the referral practice, adding value to the partnership and interdisciplinary care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Treatment Plan Coordinator performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Although state regulations vary, responsibilities may include:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in interdisciplinary communication with the referring doctor(s).
- Discuss treatment results with the patient. Deliver any necessary clinical documentation, which may include clinical notes, radiography, patient communication, next steps, ect.
- Will assist with Inbound and Outbound Calls.
- Meets with orthodontic patients to discuss treatment plans, insurance benefits, financing options and scheduling.
- Addresses the patient’s experience, feedback and objections to encourage patient’s acceptance of necessary oral health care.
- Coordinates future patient scheduling.
- Explains financing options and payment plans to patients.
- Works closely with the doctors assigned to the office to coordinate patient care and to address employee training needs.
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options in non-clinical terms.
- Maintain a neat and organized work space. Assures patients are scheduled for follow-up visits.
- Protect confidentiality of patient information.
- Follows and enforces adherence to established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Hears and resolves complaints/concerns from patients and employees.
- Investigates and closes all related Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs)
- Meets or exceeds monthly operational goals, including, but not limited to, driving patient volume and maintaining the accuracy of patient information and insurance submissions.
- Understand and follow HIPAA regulations and maintain confidentiality.
- Understand and follow state and Federal OSHA laws, infection control, safety standards in the dental office.
- Learn and follow Familia Dental’s administrative and operational procedures.
- Review and follow Employee Handbook to ensure consistent standards.
- Maintain professional working environment within office team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer/patient service and verbal/written communication skills.
- Comprehensive clinical knowledge of dentistry required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of orthodontic care required. Ability to communicate specific clinical questions the Orthodontist or team might have.
- Strong problem-solving abilities required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand information and effectively present information one-on-one with patients.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out details written or verbally instructed.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with dental management software experience. EagleSoft experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of dental insurance and Medicaid requirements.
- Ability to work in fast paced, patient-focused environment.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Interpersonal skills. Sometimes patients are in pain and/or mental stress. The Treatment Plan Coordinator should be patient and sensitive to patient emotions.
- Listening skills. The Treatment Plan Coordinator must be able to listen to patients and employees and work to resolve questions/concerns.
- Organizational skills. The Office Manager should have excellent organizational skills; insure all record keeping and regulatory requirements are fully and accurately completed. The Office Manager may need to handle multiple, competing priorities.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, License, Certification)
- Previous dental office experience required.
- Bachelor Degree is preferred, but consideration will be given to candidates with comparable work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.