This job is archived
Our local group is seeking a qualified and motivated Dental Hygienist who is ready to help change the lives of patients, be a part of a team and grow personally and professionally within our Great Expressions family! GEDC is a leader in providing premier preventative dental care, orthodontics and specialty care.
We are looking for a team oriented individual who is outgoing with impressive communication skills, organized, professional, service minded and willing to go above and beyond the basic responsibilities of the job. As a Dental Hygienist, you will be our dental health educators for our patients, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat diseases and/or abnormalities, you will work with both the dentist and patient to resolve any active diseases including caries or periodontal disease and much more.
Great Expressions has a passionate focus on all aspects of the patient journey and delivering a positive experience; we also are motivated to deliver a positive experience and growth opportunities for our Dental Hygienists since YOU are the reason for our patients' experiences.
When you join our team, you benefit in many ways:
- Exciting Team Environment
- Competitive Pay and Bonus Potential
- Healthcare Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage offered
- Accident Coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time (8 paid holidays plus 1-2 week(s) vacation time)
- Company Paid Uniforms
- 401k, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability plans
- ID theft protection
- Opportunity for Career Advancement/Recognition and Growth with a Rapidly Growing Company
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Power of One Rewards
- Convenient New Hire Orientation for all team members
- Pet Insurance
If you are ready to begin a new phase in your career, then now is the time to join our rapidly growing team; we are excited to hear from you!
For more information please contact
Depending on the state regulations, a Dental Hygienist:
- Performs oral healthcare and risk assessments which include but not limited to:
- Evaluates a patient's current health status including all medications
- Performs an extraoral and intraoral examination and oral cancer screening
- Completes a comprehensive dental and periodontal charting that includes a detailed description and evaluation of the gingiva and periodontium
- Develops a dental hygiene diagnosis based on the oral health findings
- Exposes, processes, and interprets dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Removes biofilm plaque and calculus (soft and hard deposits) from teeth both coronal and apical to (above and below) the gingival margin (gumline) using dental instruments
- Applies caries-preventive agents such as fluorides and sealants to the teeth
- Discusses the progress being made toward isolating evidence that notes the potential association between systemic and oral health and disease
- Provides patient education on biofilm plaque control and home care protocol by incorporating techniques and products that will become part of an individualized self- care oral hygiene program
- Counsels and coordinates tobacco cessation programs
- Educates patients on the importance of good nutrition for maintaining optimal oral health
- Ensures that the patient knows why they need continuing care and that they have a follow up appointment that is set by the office
- Completion of accredited Dental Hygiene program
- National and/or Active State RDH license
- Maintain a current license to practice including certifications as appropriate
- Passion for patient education
Please take just a few minutes to apply via this ad and create an account; any further positions you apply for, all of your contact information will already be saved!