This job is archived
HAS THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN TAKEN YOU OUT OF THE OPERATORY?
HAS REMOTE SCHOOLING FOR YOUR CHILDREN TAKEN YOU OUT OF THE OPERATORY?
WE MAY HAVE JUST THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET YOU BACK TO THE CAREER YOU LOVE WITH SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY HERE AT GREAT EXPRESSIONS DENTAL CENTERS
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS ON OUR SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY OPTIONS
WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS AVAILABLE
- PART-TIME SCHEDULES
- PART-TIME FLEXIBLE POSITION 1 DAY/WEEK - YOU CHOOSE THE DAY THAT WORKS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
- A PART-TIME POSITION WITH FLEXIBLE DAYS AVAILABLE - YOU CHOOSE THE DAYS THAT WORK FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
THESE PART-TIME POSITIONS CAN POTENTIALLY LEAD TO MORE DAYS AND HOURS!
- MINIMUM OF 30 HOURS TO BE CONSIDERED A FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE
Our Canton dental office is seeking a qualified and motivated part-time Dental Hygienist who is ready to help change the lives of patients, be a part of a team and grow personally and professionally within our Great Expressions family! GEDC is a leader in providing premier preventative dental care, orthodontics and specialty care.
We are looking for a team oriented individual who is outgoing with impressive communication skills, organized, professional, service minded and willing to go above and beyond the basic responsibilities of the job. As a Dental Hygienist, you will be our dental health educators for our patients, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat diseases and/or abnormalities, you will work with both the dentist and patient to resolve any active diseases including caries or periodontal disease and much more.
Great Expressions has a passionate focus on all aspects of the patient journey and delivering a positive experience; we also are motivated to deliver a positive experience and growth opportunities for our Dental Hygienists since YOU are the reason for our patients' experiences.
When you join our team, you benefit in many ways:
- Exciting Team Environment
- Competitive Pay and Bonus Potential
- Dental coverage offered
If you are ready to begin a new phase in your career, then now is the time to join our rapidly growing team; we are excited to hear from you!
Depending on the state regulations, a Dental Hygienist:
- Performs oral healthcare and risk assessments which include but not limited to:
- Evaluates a patient's current health status including all medications
- Performs an extraoral and intraoral examination and oral cancer screening
- Completes a comprehensive dental and periodontal charting that includes a detailed description and evaluation of the gingiva and periodontium
- Develops a dental hygiene diagnosis based on the oral health findings
- Exposes, processes, and interprets dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Removes biofilm plaque and calculus (soft and hard deposits) from teeth both coronal and apical to (above and below) the gingival margin (gumline) using dental instruments
- Applies caries-preventive agents such as fluorides and sealants to the teeth
- Discusses the progress being made toward isolating evidence that notes the potential association between systemic and oral health and disease
- Provides patient education on biofilm plaque control and home care protocol by incorporating techniques and products that will become part of an individualized self- care oral hygiene program
- Counsels and coordinates tobacco cessation programs
- Educates patients on the importance of good nutrition for maintaining optimal oral health
- Ensures that the patient knows why they need continuing care and that they have a follow up appointment that is set by the office
- Completion of accredited Dental Hygiene program
- National and/or Active State RDH license
- Maintain a current license to practice including certifications as appropriate
- Passion for patient education
Please take just a few minutes to apply via this ad and create an account; any further positions you apply for, all of your contact information will already be saved!