Great Expressions Dental Centers, Dental Service Organization, is seeking an Patient Support Specialist (seated in Southfield, MI) to support 270 offices in nine states.
Based at the Great Expressions Practice Support Center (PSC) in Southfield, MI, the Operations Support Specialist (OSS) is responsible for delivering a responsive, caring and team-spirited "warm welcome" to each new and returning patient who contacts Great Expressions Dental Centers for dental services. Through his/her interaction with the patient, the OSS representative plays a mission-critical role in creating and delivering a patient experience that distinguishes Great Expressions from all other dental groups. The OSS representative advocates for the patient's best interests and interfaces with multiple Great Expressions dental clinics to schedule patients in an accurate and timely fashion in accordance with the patient's wishes.
**One year experience in dental required**
- Delivering a warm, personalized and memorable patient experience across a high volume of inbound and outbound phone calls from new and returning Great Expressions patients.
- Converting phone calls into scheduled dental appointments for multiple Great Expressions office locations
- Partnering with the Operations & Clinical Team as well as other Practice Support Center departments to ensure patients' needs are addressed
- Other administrative tasks as requested by direct Supervisor
Basic Position Requirements: What you need to qualify as a candidate for this position.
- A person whose smile can be "felt" over the phone-a reflection of the warmth and energy that he/she exudes.
- Strong detail-orientation
- Excellent data-entry skills using a keyboard to input critical information into the Great Expressions scheduling system
- An ownership mindset-must assume personal responsibility and accountability for listening to the patient's stated request and partnering with the patient and Great Expressions staff to delight the patient by exceeding his/her expectations.
- Exceptional customer service skills and professionalism
- Familiarity with dental systems and practices
- Comfort managing repetitive tasks while seated at a desk and talking on a headset for 90% of the work day.
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1-2 years of dental office experience required
- Previous customer service experience in a call center environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent phone communication skills, be able to develop rapport with patients, addressing their questions and concerns
- Demonstrate comfort and agility by working with both in-bound calls and conducting outbound calls to both prospective patients and to returning patients as necessary.
- Collect information from callers in a professional, approachable, accurate and efficient manner
- Must be able to convert calls to appointments
- Ability to work independently and professionally in a high call volume environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information