Oversee the daily operations of the dental office by managing employee and patient relations, and achieving operational goals. Accountable for office profit & loss by managing patient scheduling, staff productivity, collections and receivables, and miscellaneous operating expenses. Stimulate new patient growth by supporting sales, marketing and promotional programs, financial report review, bank deposits, revenue posting, and review and approval of employee time cards. Work closely with the doctors and hygienists to obtain the office goals. Able to understand and adapt to change management initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Achieve revenue goals by effectively managing patient scheduling, staff productivity, collections and receivables, specialty referral process, and miscellaneous operating expenses.
- Manage office within budget guidelines to include clerical and auxiliary supply purchases, equipment upgrades, laboratory and labor costs.
- Identity business development initiatives and execute accordingly to stimulate new patient growth. Support sales, marketing and promotional programs.
- Recruit, hire and develop office employees; identify those capable of exceptional service.
- Directly supervise office employees and proactively manage their performance and development including but not limited to performance feedback, appraisals, engagement initiatives and corrective actions.
- Communicate with office employees regularly to ensure they have the information, tools, and support needed to perform their job effectively and successfully.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as flash report review, bank deposits, revenue posting, staff payroll and bonus, accounts receivable reports and invoice processing correctly and within deadline.
- Maintain patient data to include required regulatory chart documents, personal information, treatment consultation documentation, account history transactions and electronic QSI data.
- Manage and assist designated office employees with appropriate payment and insurance processes, manage AR billing as assigned.
- Ensure facility and equipment cleanliness, and safety and reports and/or correct hazards when necessary in compliance with all state and federal regulations, including OSHA.
- Ensure flawless execution of operational standards, including compliance with established company policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Respond to doctor, patient and employee grievances, complaints, and inquiries and seeks assistance when necessary.
- Continually work towards building and sustaining a joined leadership work environment with doctors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications/Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of previous experience within a healthcare setting.
- Strong background in billing and insurance
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience with meeting time sensitive deadlines, continuous improvement initiatives and relevant software applications
Magnolia Green Dental Care Corp., a subsidiary of Today's Dental Network.