This job is archived
About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Dialysis Technician with Corizon Health at Moberly Correctional located in Moberly Missouri:
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical services/administrative tasks.
- Detailed knowledge of the operation of hemodialysis equipment.
- Performs the following technical functions:
+ Set up dialysis machines and test monitoring devices.
+ Set up and primes dialyzer, flushes them and remove sterilants and test for thoroughness of flushing procedure.
+ Prepare and tests dialysis machines.
+ Cleans and disinfects dialysis machines.
+ Handles dialyzer in appropriate manner with regard to prevention of spread on hepatitis.
+ Rinse dialyzer for reuse and carries out test associated with reuse.
- Performs patient’s care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Initiates dialysis using fistulas, catheters and grafts, monitors and terminates hemodialysis treatment.
- Administers heparin and saline in amounts ordered by physician.
- Appropriately keep charge nurse informed of patient’s condition during dialysis.
- Performs clotting time as decided upon by the nurse.
- Makes determination regarding the patient’s post dialysis condition and conveys this information to the Registered Nurse.
- Participates in planning short-range goals for the patient.
- Perform any other procedures relating to the patient safety/treatment and well being during dialysis.
- Maintains safety while assisting patients in moving, sitting or ambulating as necessary and ensure that patients are secured appropriately when transported by wheelchair/stretcher.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
Experience & Requirements
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- At least two years in related medical field or adequate previous dialysis patient care experience required. Certification preferred.
- Successful demonstration of competence in area of practice.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BCLS) required.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Join Our Talent Community
Job Locations US-MO-Moberly
Category Healthcare Support
Position Type PRN
Shift / Schedule Variable
Location ID 00912