PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We’re a privately owned/operated, physician founded, nationally accredited correctional health care practice.
PCM provides comprehensive dental, medical, & mental health care services to over 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US (PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH).
We were recently voted one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies of 2019 by the Central PA Business Journal!
Correctional medicine is a challenging and exciting opportunity for today’s dental professional, in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned skills and knowledge. Correctional health care is the perfect hybrid of Outpatient and Urgent/Emergency Dental medicine, serving an often underserved and extremely diverse patient population.
We are currently recruiting for a Part-Time Dentist to join our team at the Tygart Valley Regional Jail in Belington, WV!
This position offers exceptional scheduling flexibility, and requires up to only 7 on-site hours per week (Monday – Friday). Weekly hours are normally worked during normal business hours; however there is flexibility. We can accommodate around almost any schedule!
To quickly highlight some key points:
- Compensation is negotiable and commensurate based on experience;
- Company paid malpractice liability insurance (including tail) is provided;
- Annual licensure reimbursement provided; and much more.
The right candidate will provide and supervise dental care of inmates/patients, evaluate dental health programs and dental services, function as a consultant to facility physicians, monitor the need for dental supplies and equipment, and participate in dental health planning. Other responsibilities will include:
- Perform routine drilling, filling and extraction of teeth in accordance with established standards of practice.
- Complete, within seven (7) days for prisons, fourteen (14) days for jails, and seven (7) days for juvenile centers; an initial dental screening on all new commitments.
- Evaluate those inmates/patients needing or applying for dental care, not included under basic dental care services and make recommendations deemed clinically appropriate.
- Treat inmates/patients whose dental care is significantly affecting their nutritional status.
- Take impressions for dental plates and completes follow-up care that is required.
- Document completely all services rendered in the inmate/patient dental health record.
- Instruct inmates/patients in dental hygiene techniques.
- Provide in-service training for health staff in areas of dental hygiene, care, emergencies, techniques and treatment.
- Complete dental exam on inmates/patients at anniversary date of incarceration. The period for jails is one (1) year, prisons thirty (30) days and juvenile centers sixty (60) days.
- Any/all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or delegated.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Dental Medicine.
- Licensed to practice dentistry in the State of West Virginia.
- Maintain a current DEA number & ability to prescribe medications in West Virginia.
- Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to develop a trusting relationship with patients/inmates.
- Ability to monitor, observe and document patients.
We’re committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional health care by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of care.
Dedicated to correctional health care, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, effective and efficient management of health care services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically designed for correctional health care. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. We’re dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements, to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is the choice for quality correctional health care, please apply today to schedule a phone interview. We’re ready to speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family!