This job is archived
Company & Position Introduction:
PrimeCare Medical (i.e. PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We are a privately owned, physician founded, nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical, mental health, & dental care services to over 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout the states of PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH; and was voted one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies of 2019 by the Central PA Business Journal.
Correctional health care is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s dental professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned skills and knowledge on a daily basis. It is the perfect hybrid of outpatient & emergency dentistry; providing care to an under-served, diverse, and appreciative patient population.
We are currently looking for a Part-Time, Dentist to join our team and provide on-site dental care at the Indiana County Jail in Indiana, PA.
This position requires 2 hours of on-site dental care weekly or 4 hours bi-weekly, Monday’s – Friday’s, during normal business hours. This opportunity provides excellent flexibility around both your professional and personal life!
Some important key points:
- Compensation is negotiable and commensurate based on experience.
- Company-paid liability insurance (including tail coverage) provided.
- Annual licensure reimbursement available, and more.
The right candidate will provide and supervise dental care of inmates/patients, evaluate dental health programs and dental services, function as a consultant to facility physicians, monitor the need for dental supplies and equipment, and participate in dental health planning.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Perform routine drilling, filling and extraction of teeth in accordance with established standards of practice.
- Complete, within seven (7) days for prisons, fourteen (14) days for jails, and seven (7) days for juvenile centers; an initial dental screening on all new commitments.
- Evaluate those inmates/patients needing or applying for dental care, not included under basic dental care services and make recommendations deemed clinically appropriate.
- Treat inmates/patients whose dental care is significantly affecting their nutritional status.
- Take impressions for dental plates and completes follow-up care that is required.
- Document completely all services rendered in the inmate/patient dental health record.
- Instruct inmates/patients in dental hygiene techniques.
- Provide in-service training for health staff in areas of dental hygiene, care, emergencies, techniques and treatment.
- Complete dental exam on inmates/patients at anniversary date of incarceration. The period for jails is one (1) year, prisons thirty (30) days and juvenile centers sixty (60) days.
- Any/all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or delegated.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Dentistry.
- Licensed to practice Dentistry in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Maintain current DEA license.
- Maintain active BLS (i.e. CPR) certification.
- Maintain current Driver’s License.
PCM is committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional health care by providing cost-effective quality health care management, continuously improving the standards of care and striving for national accreditation for all facilities.
Dedicated to correctional health care, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, as well as effective and efficient management of health care services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new health care contracts established regularly, opportunities for advancement and development are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system, customized to our practice and specifically designed for correctional health care. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and reliable. Furthermore, we are dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements; to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that matter the most to you.
To learn why PrimeCare is The Choice for Quality Correctional Healthcare, please apply today and schedule a phone interview. We can’t wait to hear from you and look forward to speaking with you about joining our PrimeCare family!