Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Chief Dentist to join our team of healthcare professionals at Menard Correctional Center in Menard, IL.
We’re proud to offer our providers an extremely competitive benefits package including:
- Company-paid medical malpractice insurance
- Generous company-paid CME allowance with paid time off to attend
- No completing insurance forms and waiting for reimbursement
- No hassles or overhead costs associated with private practice
- Steady income with no need to look for new patients
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Chief Dentist is responsible and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as filling, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc. The proper candidate will work effectively with patients, dental staff, medical and nursing staff, security staff at all levels, administrative and support staff, consulting physicians and dentists, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides overall supervision of the dental department.
- Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all inmates.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs operative dentistry including appropriate repair of caries.
- Repairs/fits proper prosthetic devices.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
Licensing: Current State Dental license & Current DEA license
Certification: Current CPR certification
Education: Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures.
- Correctional experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred