This job is archived
Full-Time Dentist Needed
Detention Facility, Conroe, TX
1. 1 (one) dentist for facility to receive inmates.
2. Hours to be worked: 40 per week.
3. Preferred schedule: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday thru Friday.
4. Compensation: Competitive, Contact to discuss.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Initiates and maintains compliance with company policies for accreditation.
· Performs routine cleaning, drilling, filling, and extraction of teeth in accordance with National Commission for Correctional Health Care Standards for dental care.
· Completes an initial dental screening on all new commitments within seven (7) days.
· Evaluates those patients needing or applying for dental care and makes whatever recommendations deemed clinically appropriate. Takes impressions for dental plates. Sends prostheses to outside dental labs.
· Documents all services rendered in the patient dental health record.
· Monitors need for dental supplies and equipment.
· Provides in-service training for health staff members on appropriate issues, such as dental hygiene, dental care, dental emergencies, and techniques.
· May direct the work of staff employees. Provides input into performance evaluation.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Degree in dentistry from an accredited dental school required. Licensed to practice as a registered dentist in the state in which the facility is located is required.
· Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
· Professional license must remain on file at all times at the facility where services are rendered.
· Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.