Specialty: Billing & Collections Specialist
Locations: Hollywood, FL
Shift: Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 13 weeks
Start Date: Immediately
- Review CMS and Insurance bulletin newsletters of coding updates, issues, trends and changes applicable to provided services, providing information for financial clearance and billing purposes
- Work and manage Insurance claims through Revenue Cycle and Denial Management to a timeline that is determined by commercial, managed care, and governmental insurance providers
- Review Insurance claims for effective payment and timely billing turnaround for claim adjudication
- Provide timely notation of actions and remediation practices taken on patient accounts.
- Electronic claims submission and paper claim submission according to insurance file order for payment and collection activities across all payor types
- Re-bill claims with additional ICD-10 codes from Medical report and records when needed
- Communicate between departments to facilitate uninterrupted cash flow from payors and patients for balances due and pre-payments for services rendered
- Follow CMS updates and adhere to billing guidelines dictated by Medicare CMS guidelines and carriers that adhere to uniform guidelines for payments and reimbursements
- Process Insurance and patient refunds, providing payments solutions and recouping patient out of pocket balances across all account types
- Respond to patient account inquires and provide billing statements, payment receipts, itemized statement and billing records as requested
- Work Insurance correspondence, remittance advice, submit appeals and make adjustments to claims in efforts to receive payments for account receivables
- Engage Patient involvement for continued claim issues with Insurance Carriers as needed for Coordination of Benefits and claim remediation purposes(Except Medicare and Medicaid Insurance.)
- Notify Management of any Insurance trends identified
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefits for all patients for anticipated and previous services in a timely across all payor types, each time they are scheduled
- Notify patients of financial responsibilities for services according to benefits, eligibility, coverage
- Notate internal forms as directed in order to maintain information history for each patient, scan into patient chart
- Review clinical guidelines for each insurance and keep updated in Trello (document repository)
- Obtain letter of agreement for payment for services rendered, where necessary
- Obtain insurance authorizations for services, where necessary
- Answer incoming calls and inquiries regarding benefits, eligibility, denial responses and patient payment responsibility and out of pocket expenses for scheduled and previous services.
- Schedule appointments when necessary; typically as part of obtaining authorization or potentially rescheduling appointments due to denials, Peer to Peer requests, or other delays related to authorizations
- Serve as a backup for pulling information for subpoena responses
- Correct authorizations and verification information when necessary
- All other duties will be assigned according to the departments needs
- All Medical provides professional liability and workers compensation coverage
- Reimbursed Travel
- Highly competitive rates and weekly pay.
- A dedicated, in-house logistics team that will handle all of your travel needs if relocation or lodging is required.
- Referral Bonuses
- Direct Deposit
All Medical Personnel is a national leader in healthcare staffing recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing firms. Our goal is to simplify the Allied process with a flexible and personalized approach. Our clients range from local, regional and national healthcare organizations throughout the United States. Whatever the focus of your medical career, we can help you find the perfect allied opportunity!