We are relentlessly dedicated to our Mission: To Improve the Oral Health of All. Through education and with compassion, we strive to provide the best care possible for patients. We are committed to helping our communities be healthier, feel better, and smile with confidence.
We have a great opportunity for a Dental Assistant II to join us in Broadway, OR and assist the team in providing oral health care for patients. We offer an industry-leading comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay, Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, community involvement, and 401K match.
- Assist dentist in preparing for and providing dental treatment, and communicate post-operative care
- Ensure all instruments and equipment are sterilized and disinfected
- Collect and record patient health histories, review and update patient charts
- Perform x-rays
- Experienced Dental Assistants may assist with operational support and mentoring new assistants
- Opportunity to grow your skillset through cross-training with front office staff
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a dental assistant.
- Preferred knowledge of insurance and treatment plans
- For states that have advanced certifications or licensure for expanded functions, at least one of the following certifications are preferred to meet job expectations: EFDA, EFODA, EFOSA, etc.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes and manage time effectively.
- Current CPR, BLS or PALS required or ability to obtain within 30 days of start date.
- Radiology certificate as required by state, or willingness to obtain within 180 days of start date.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday and occasional weekends as scheduled and based on business needs
- Ability to maintain continuing education (CE) as required by state or business requirements.
- Ability to travel to work at other practices as needed.
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal compute).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
We are an n equal opportunity employer and an advocate for diversity and inclusion.